It’s been such a long time since I updated this particular blog, shame on me! L5 still stands proudly on its Welsh hill/mountain side and is about to face it’s first winter out in the elements.
Great news to report is the involvement of L5 in the amazing
…in a nutshell
- outside Artist came into the L5 area of Liverpool, Jeanne van Heeswijk
- people suspicious
- because people have been lied to for over ten years
- what’s an Artist going to do?
- outside Artist works over two years as part of a Liverpool Biennial project with local people in Anfield. L5 territory.
- L5 and 2up2down projects cross paths in Mitchell’s, a local bakery closed down due to HMRI
- outside Artist Jeanne, becomes inside Artist Jeanne
- we start working together
- we discuss regeneration and the effects it had/has on my family
- we walk up and around Granton Rd being filmed talking about what happened
- within the 2up2down project is Homebaked. ‘Us girls and Fred’ as Lynn puts it.
Lynn’s blog: http://www.2up2down.org.uk/lynns-blog/comment/
- I genuinely feel a strong connection with every person I meet there, all of us unique individuals that have come together under a common goal.
- in steps Britt Jurgensen, Deborah Morgan and Graham Hicks
- they want to do a tour of Anfield
- we spend some time together, driving round the area, chatting, discussing…this is now the famous Anfield Home Tour.
- parts of my earlier filmed interview with Jeanne become part of the tour
http://tinyurl.com/azv62zo Review of Anfield Home Tour - Laura Davis
- Jeanne invites me to put a photograph of L5 up in the bakery,
…shown here in this lovely photograph of Mum (Liz) and Aunty (Alice) after their tour experience, which they loved.
Press feedback, both local and national has been brilliant with a visit from the BBC’s One Show coming to the bakery on Monday 19th November at 7pm.
2up2down and Homebaked is testimony to what Art can do, it can open doors.
Jeanne has recently won the Curry Stone Design Prize for this project and work in Rotterdam.
Great article in the Guardian giving a wider introduction to HMRI and Homebaked:
That was a big nutshell but hopefully a concise introduction?
Another chapter of the L5 story…
L5 will move again in January when I return from my current project in Slovakia,
where I am the current Bridge Guard of the Marie Valeria Bridge from Sturovo Slovakia to Esztergom Hungary.